Dental implants are a breakthrough in the world of dentistry because they function and look like regular teeth. They are a wonderful solution to patients with missing teeth. If you have ever lost a tooth, you would want to have it replaced. Nothing beats the comfort and function of your healthy natural teeth. However, dental implants in London, Ontario is a close second. And by close, we mean very close. Before we dive in the wonder of these implants, let us consider the reasons why patients lose teeth.
Reasons why people lose their teeth
There are a lot of reasons on why people lose their teeth and might need titanium dental implants.
- Teeth decay is a very common problem that leads to missing teeth. Lack of proper care and dental hygiene leads to teeth decay. Eventually, decay leads to teeth falling out or becoming loose.
- Another cause of missing teeth is periodontitis. This is the inflammation of the gums which might even cause it to bleed. The cause for this is bacteria accumulated over time that has not been properly treated. Inflammation spreads below the gums to the roots of the teeth, destroying the supporting bone. Bone collapsing leads to a potential loss of teeth.
- A temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder can also have an effect on losing teeth. Because of TMJ disorder, the teeth receive undue strain.
Why should you replace missing teeth with dental implants?
Dental implants are a good option to look into when replacing missing teeth. Not considering any teeth replacement can lead to the following:
- Loss of teeth leads to tooth pain and sensitivity.
- It can lead to eating problems, especially if you have missing teeth in the back. They are the ones who do the heavy chewing when you eat. Losing them changes your eating patterns.
- Missing teeth sometimes cause a slur around certain words that you pronounce because of the gaps.
- Gaps in between the teeth due to tooth loss causes the other teeth to shift in position. They will attempt to fill in the hole left. As a result, this leads to a shift in your bite and a weakening of the structure of your mouth. Unfortunate consequences of this are further teeth loss and even injury.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
There are many benefits that titanium dental implants provide that you will not want to miss!
- Implants are a great confidence booster! No one will know that your teeth are simply a replacement. Implants look and feel like your natural teeth. They blend with all your other teeth, giving you a beautiful smile because you have a complete set of teeth.
- They also easily fuse with your bone, making them a permanent fix. Titanium is the type of metal often used with implants. It has properties that make them fuse well with the bones of the teeth.
- These dental implants improve your speech. Removable dentures that don’t fit you well will slip within your mouth. This causes a slur in the words that you speak. Not to mention, the fear of your teeth slipping anytime as you speak could make you anxious. Teeth replacement should be a solution, not an added problem. Implants are not removable because they are surgically fixed onto your jawbone. Hence, you will never have to worry about them slipping within your mouth.
- Anyone would want to eat comfortably! Removable dentures can make this difficult. On the other hand, implants restore your normal chewing patterns because they function like regular teeth. Their foundation within your jawbone is sturdy, able to withstand heavy chewing forces.
- Besides the great benefit of it as a confidence booster, implants also improve oral health. They do not require the altering of other teeth to support the implant, unlike dental bridges. Your dentist would want you to keep your natural teeth intact as much as possible, improving your oral health. With implants, you also have the benefit of being able to brush your teeth normally. Dental bridges require extra effort in brushing because the teeth replacement is cemented on two dental crowns.
- Above all, titanium dental implants are durable. The dental implant cost is at $5900 CAD, and it’s an investment you will not regret. They will last for many years, even a lifetime with proper care and dental hygiene.
Implants are the missing teeth solution that you have been waiting for. Talk with your dentist now to find out if this is the right dental treatment for you. Start your 2019 with a brighter smile!